Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! =)
Here I am back again, all delayed into this blog, I feel as if I'm crawling into this entry with my tail squirmed in between. All I can say is, "it's the holidays..." Excuses, excuses but seriously, this winter season flew by without giving me anytime to chill.
Memorable moments from the last two weeks:
1) Wine Tasting in Napa Valley with Greg, Kevin and Grace - It was so much fun! I loved each moment of it. I ended up appreciating all the wineries we visited. Here are some reviews:
Domaine Carneros - Loved their sparkling wine and it's great because it's a sit down tasting versus standing as most places. Another perk to this winery is being able to order cheese and hor d'oervres to your tasting. I highly recommend trying the "La Reve" champagne. Bought a bottle myself and cannot wait to open it.
Artesa Winery - This place was very contemporary in architecture and the design was fluid throughout the winery. You cannot miss the breathtaking views of this site as well. Greg and I ended up bringing home the Cabernet Sauvingnon from this winery.
V. Sattui - What I remember most from this winery is their cheese selection and their impressive Riesling wine, especially the off-dry Riesling. I'll be honest, I am not a huge fan of Riesling due to prior experience, but this one had me quite enthused! Some compliments I recommend trying from this winery is their apple-smoked gouda cheese, dry salami, artichoke cream cheese and brie. It went so well with the tasting. As for wine, the Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon and Muscat are definitely taste worthy.
Peju Province - Save the best for last! This one you cannot leave Napa Valley without visiting. I must admit, this one is my favorite winery by far. They have an excellent team and service is impeccable at this winery. Everyone is friendly and it is the one venue, where I loved most of their wines. Not one or two, but all of them =) I think part of the reason is due to the fact they focus especially on Cabernet Sauvingnon, it's one of Greg and my fav's. Some recommendations would be their Provence, Port Zinfandel (this wine taste like chocolate), Cabernet Sauvingnon, Sauvingnon Blanc and Carnival.
2) PPQ's in SF to celebrate Kevin's Birthday - this place is amazing! Best crab and garlic noodles experience in town =)
3) Happy hour with my childhood girlfriends at Ra Sushi in Torrance. It was fun seeing most of them and catching up, it was our mini-reunion sorta speak. Just amazing to witness all of them grow up and experiencing the grown up life. We've all known each other since we were 7 years old...I can't believe it's been 20 years! As far as restaurant review, it's good for happy hour. But if you're going to ask me quality of sushi, it's American Fusion Japanese food more so. They serve chicken wings and other American dishes. Therefore, if you're looking for sushi, it's okay. If you're looking for a good place to drink with appetizers, this is a good place to check out.
4) Christmas dinner with the DSP gals at La Creperie Cafe in Long Beach. We were wining and dining and playing White Elephant. =) This place is very charming and a venue I would love to revisit. The crepes are unforgettable, I ordered the savory shrimp crepe with lobster sauce =)
5) Christmas dinner with my bowling team and Tricia at Hooters in Santa Monica. I love their hot wings and cheese fries!
6) Christmas shopping with Theresa at the Beverly Center - omg, I cannot stand the mall during the holidays. Everyone is cranky, rude and it is way overcrowded. As you can see, I like to shop in peace :D I'm actually boycotting shopping for the next month, I really need space from it and so does my bank account =)
7) Got a hair trim and she threw some bangs in. Apparently, hair needs training too. (I had no idea until my stylist told me). I'm honestly not use to the bangs, it is forever being clipped. I think I just need to be patient and remember to train via using the bobby pin to hold it down to one side each night.
8) Christmas dinner with Greg. We had our favorite cuisine, sushi =) We went to place called, "Yomama." I loved it, the service was great and I think Greg and I found a new spot in Thousand Oaks.
9) Christmas portraits with my Southbay girlfriends at Weintraub Photography =) I'm so glad we did it, something to definitely keep and remember fifty years from now. It was the first time I was ever airbrushed, it felt kinda funny, especially when it was tickling my nose. I was afraid my nose hair was going to turn pale as my skin color...haha. The only qualm I had with regards to her makeup is the filling of my eyebrows with a black pencil, supposedly it was to create a little drama for the black and white photo. I wanted to let out a huge gasp when I saw myself on the mirror in daylight, but held I it in to not be rude. What did I do? I ran into the restroom and tried to rub it off. Aside from the eyebrow incident, we were all excited to see the pics! Thitam, Maile and Rosie looked gorgeous! I loved their makeup. Maile came out amazing since she already knew how to work her camera from her modeling days. Sorree pro :D
10) Christmas dinner at Marilyn's home - This was so much fun, we played Rockband and Cranium all night...then we drank, drank and drank some more =)
11) Christmas Eve and Day - Hanging out with the family! Always so much fun =) On the evening of Christmas, Jim and I went to Thitam's place to celebrate some more.
12) I got my grades from last semester! We had to log into the school system to see, I was a bit nervous. It was just a matter of a click, I wanted to click to see, but I was scared to at the same time knowing the fact that during finals, I just wanted to be done and honestly, I did not care at that point. However, guess what? I mustered the courage to click and I got straight A's!!!! Ahhh, I'm stoked!!
13) Congrats Bev and Ja on their engagement!! Their proposal was oh-so-sweet. I saw the footage and my eyes got all teary-eyed.
14) Congrats Yajaira and Ernest!! Can't wait to meet the little one in August!!
14) Thankful for my family, friends and Greg!! :D